By-pass client alcohol and other drug denial / defensiveness in treatment now!
Avoid the traps of typical face validity AUDIT / Severity of Dependence Scales.
May 14, 2021- In Canberra (location tba)
What is SASSI?
Adult- SASSI-4 and Adolescent SASSI-A2 screen for the likelihood of having a substance abuse disorder. The SASSI-4 screening questionnaire is a constructive validity instrument and has an overall accuracy rate of 92% and the SASSI-A2 has an overall accuracy rate of 94%.
In the Administration & Scoring training you will learn how the SASSI was developed and how it should be used, protocols on how to administration & score the adult (SASSI-4) and the adolescent (SASSI-A3) questionnaires, and will be introduced to the basic knowledge of the individual scales. Participants will have opportunities to practice scoring, using the decision rules, and determining if a client may have a high or low probability for a substance use disorder.
Goals of Training:
- Gain an understanding of how the SASSI was developed and how it should be used
- Learn how to administer, score, and interpret the SASSI
- Develop basic knowledge of the meaning of individual scales
How is the training delivered?
Duration: 6 hours over two days, face-to-face including light snacks and refreshments
Delivered in blended settings depending on demand. Face to face and online where required. This will allow you to raise these surveys with clients and administer them in a cost-effective client centred way.
Who is delivering the training?
Co-facilitated with William Ricketts – SASSI Certified Training since 1992
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner, State of Nebraska #1305 since 1995
- 30 years of teaching counseling and addiction related courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Proven leadership in community and public service.
- National training consultant for the SASSI Institute, a drug and alcohol research company.
- Proficient in individual, family, and group counseling.
& Rodney Tatara-Stanton –
- 16 year Social Work Practitioner in Australia and United States
- Master of Social Work Sydney University
- Private Practice Clinician in Couples, Families, and Individuals
- Owner of Help Now Group Pty Ltd- Employee Assistance Service
- Speaker of Australian Online Therapy Conference 2020
- Lived Trauma Experience
- Australian Association of Social Work – ACT Branch President
What resources will I get?
SASSI-4 Starter Kit
- User Guide/Manual,
- Adult Questionnaire Forms (Pack of 5),
- Adult Male/Female Profile Sheets (Pack of 5),
- Scoring Key
- more resources can be purchased here