Local Employee Assistance Program
Locally Owned, Community Driven For Small, Medium and Large Business.
What the stats say
National Mental Health Commission reported in 2016 that the cost of mental ill-health in Australia equated to around $4,000 per person or $60 billion for the nation as a whole.
Analysis has also been done in relation to the cost of mental ill-health to employers. Mental Health Australia published a report finding mental ill-health in the workplace cost $12.8 billion in Australia in 2015-16. This equates to an average cost of $3,200 for each employee experiencing mental illness and up to $5,600 for those employees whose mental illness was considered severe.
Improved mental health and well-being can lead to better workplace outcomes; similarly, improved workplace outcomes can improve mental health and wellbeing.
“”more than six million working days are lost per year as a result of one mental illness alone – depression – and each worker whose depression is untreated costs their employer $9,660″”
“Presenteeism, where people are less productive in their role due to a mental health condition, is estimated to cost Australian business $6.1 billion a year.”
Forecasting Mental Health Investment
- 73% of people with workplace mental illness took five days or more off work.
- 25% of the workforce suffer mild depression resulting in 50 hours of absenteeism per person per annum.
- This increased to 138 hours off work for a further 8% who suffer moderate or severe depression.
How do invest?
- Mental health sessions for employees for two hours a year = productivity, well being and better community outcomes
- Addressing depression with reducing 50 hours to 42 hours or less with a basic hourly session every six months will build resilience in your business
- 8% multiplied by the number of staff TIMES their hourly rate = $$$
- Investment is key ahead of the mental health curve
Best Service Deals
How it works for employees
Customised Per Business
A code provided is provided to your business / company / association to remove any charge related to an EAP services.
What information does my employer know about my sessions?
All sessions are confidential and only if there is a mandatory reporting and/or duty of care warnings that come up in the sessions will any content be revealed. You will be notified before a professional about their indication to notify appropriate authorities